Wednesday, September 23, 2009

home group bake-off!

Just because I need a challenge, I think I'm going to try to bake weekly, specifically for our Wednesday home group! I think I'm going to try to acquire a cookbook that I can cook through, but this week I did a cheater recipe from the Pioneer Woman's blog for a quick and easy apple tart.

And it was quick! And easy! I don't suppose I would very often make my own pastry shell, so I don't feel too bad about it.

Kind of pretty, too.

This week was the first week of "fall," after all. Tell that to the 98-degree weather we had today! I will still pretend it is the start of fall though and drink tea, wear sweaters, and bake things with apples and cinnamon.

1 comment:

  1. They are beautiful! I can stare at them and almost pretend that I'm surrounded by autumn leaves and a brisk fall breeze.

    ReplyDelete